The Samsung SmartThings Starter Kit contains everything you need to get started creating your perfect smart home.
With a SmartThings Starter Kit you can:
- Monitor your home from anywhere
- Control your home from the palm of your hand
- Secure your home and protect it from damage and danger
- Add any of the hundreds of compatible smart devices to enhance your home
The SmartThings Starter Kit contains:
- SmartThings Hub to connect with smart sensors, lights, locks, cameras and more
- SmartThings Multi Sensor to monitor whether doors, windows, drawers or your garage are open or closed
- SmartThings Motion Sensor to monitor movement in your home
- SmartThings Presence Sensor to know when people, pets and cars arrive or leave home
- SmartThings Power Outlet to control lights, electronics and small appliances
The Smart Things Hub links all your smart tech devices together and allows you to control them from the Smart Things app. Unlike most systems, SmartThings is compatible with other brands, so you're not limited to a single range or product type.
You can monitor cameras, check sensors and receive alerts in a single place, which makes managing even the largest and most complex smart home quick and simple.
A powerful processor and optimised software ensure the Hub can handle the most expansive networks. This means you can add as many devices as you want without the need to worry about whether the hub can handle it.
From triggering lights and alarms to turning on and off your thermostat, the Samsung SmartSense Motion Sensor can improve and make your home safer.
It connects to the hub and other devices via the secure wireless ZigBee network, so it can't be compromised or affected by other devices around your home.
The SmartSense Presence Sensor is designed to help you monitor when people or pets arrive home enter specific areas of your home.
For example, you can attach to a child's bag and receive a notification when they arrive home from school. You can set it to turn lights on when you or other family members walk into rooms or use it to turn alarms off as you approach the house.
You can even use it to receive alerts if your dog leaves the garden or enters a room it's not supposed to.
The power outlet included in the Starter Kit alows you to control lights, small appliances and other electronics in your home. It's easy to keep control of your devices using the SmartThings Power Outlet.
You can place it anywhere within reach of your Smart Things Hub and even trigger other devices, such as cameras or alarms, should moisture be detected.
GET IT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS - SEE HERE
1. We endeavour to deliver all small items per above however, during January Sale period, orders are subject to extended delivery times. If this is the case, we will keep you informed and as soon as your order is dispatched from our warehouse you will receive an email notification with your tracking information.
When it comes to dropping stuff off, our delivery team also known as 'Knowhow delivery team' have certainly got the muscle. We deliver the big bulky products like large screen TVs above 39". To save you the hassle, we'll even recycle your old product and remove the packaging - for free.
Small products such as cameras, sat navs, TVs under 39", printers, softwares, data storage, tablets, laptops are couriered to you from our delivery partners - DPD.
Please see below more information on our delivery services.
Large Product Delivery Information
Large products such large screen TVs above 39" are generally delivered by our Knowhow delivery teams.
Knowhow Delivery Services
The Knowhow team are here to deliver your product between Tuesday and Saturday inclusive in most areas (with the exception of Donegal-we delivery once a week). We can deliver all large items to anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the exception of island locations. We aim to deliver within 5 working days.
- Delivery is 5 day a week (Tuesday to Saturday), usually from 8a.m. - 6p.m.
- The evening before your delivery is scheduled our Knowhow team will call you between 3pm and 6pm to advise you of your delivery time window.
- An initial delivery during a 4 hour time slot will be supplied.
- On the day of delivery our Knowhow drivers will call you at least 30 minutes before arriving at the shipping address to give you an estimated time of arrival.
- We will un-box your item and remove all packaging for recycling free of charge.
- We will deliver to your room of choice. We can also install it for you a small fee - see below.
- We will remove your old appliances and scrap free of charge.
Delivery is €19.99 for your entire order - no matter how many items you decide to purchase. These delivery charges apply to online purchases only.
Other useful services also provided by Knowhow when they deliver your large products.
Installation: We offer a range of installation services for TVs above 39" Learn more on our installation page.
Free Recycling: We'll take away your old TV for free recycling. We do this as standard when you order a replacement large appliance from us. Learn more on our Recycling page.
Order tracking: You can track your large item delivery through our Knowhow team. Click here for Knowhow tracking.
Small Product Delivery Information
Small products include items such as laptops, desktop pcs, tablets, printers, softwares, data storage and TVs under 39". These are couriered to you from our delivery partners - DPD courier.
We deliver anywhere in Ireland with the exception of island locations.
Deliveries are Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holiday Mondays), generally between 9a.m. to 6p.m. Please allow 4-7 working days for extended Bank Holiday periods such as Christmas and Easter.
Please note: DPD will not pick up WEEE returns on small products, however you may take your WEEE returns with a valid receipt to your nearest Currys store - click HERE.
For security reasons we do not deliver to parcel motels.
Delivery is €4.99 for your entire order.
When do we deliver?
For our larger items such as our large screen TVs, we deliver Tuesday - Saturday inclusive, usually between 8a.m. to 6p.m. (service may vary in some outlying areas of Ireland).
For our smaller items, standard delivery is Monday to Friday, generally between 9a.m. to 6pm, and we aim to get your purchase to you within 3-5 working days. Please also 4-7 working days for extended Bank Holiday periods such as Easter and Christmas.
Whether you have a standard delivery or a specific delivery booked with us, you can track your order through our dedicated Knowhow tracking webpage, or via the courier specified in your confirmation email. Visit our Knowhow Track It facility and pop your details in the tracker to view the delivery schedule.
Larger items such as large screen TVs may not be available to view until after 10p.m..
All you need is your reference number (found on your email confirmation or receipt from your store).
On some products, we offer the option to order an item in advance if it's not in stock at the time, but we know that more stock is on its way and we will let you know the date we expect delivery to be available on the site. If you purchase two or more products at a time, they may have different availabilities and methods of delivery, in which case you may receive your items individually as soon as they become available.
VAT & Delays
Please be aware that we cannot offer VAT refunds to overseas customers ordering goods to be delivered to a Ireland address. We do everything we can to ensure our delivery times are met but sometimes delays do occur with deliveries during peak ordering periods i.e. Christmas and Sale periods. We will let you know if we become aware of any unexpected delays.
© DSG Retail Ireland Ltd, 39/40 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland
Incorporated in Ireland, a private company with issued shares. Registration Number 259460